Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Filled Under: ,

Iloilo City Government to Donate to Cebu and Bohol Earthquake Victims

via: Jed Patrick E. Mabilog
The City Government has launched a donation drive for victims of the 7.2 magnitude earthquake which devastated Cebu and Bohol last week.

Mayor Jed Patrick E. Mabilog called on every Ilonggo to help fellow Visayans affected by the disaster.

“We placed boxes in every floor of City Hall where everyone can just drop their donations for the earthquake victims; donations in kind like clothing, beddings, non-perishable food and water are most welcome,” he said.

Earlier, the City Council approved a total of P400,000 financial assistance for Cebu and Bohol.

Mabilog said this is the city’s way of repaying particularly Cebu who extended assistance to Iloilo City when it was hit by typhoon Frank in 2008.

0 comments:

Post a Comment